Sports – Offline and Online
Best Sports Law Firm in India
A&A is one of the few law firms in India that has been developing recognized know-how and expertise in sports law through legal practice ranging from anti-doping, policy, contractual advisory, media management, gaming and betting, athlete representation and risk management.
Our team of dynamic and dedicated sports lawyers have a developed understanding of the legal challenges which are being faced due to globalization of not just the traditionally popular sports that garner the world’s attention, but also the evolution of the lesser-known sports – both physical and those played via various mediums of technology.
We recognize the investment and stakes involved in media and sports, gambling, online gaming, casino and lotteries and accordingly advice our clients in order to minimize the risks to which they can be exposed – both locally and internationally.
Ahlawat and Associates is one of the leading Sports Law Firms headquartered in Delhi NCR serving clients PAN India including cities such as Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Pune, Gurugram, Kolkata.
A&A recognizes that one of the notable characteristics of a sports and gaming law practice is its intersection with other areas of business law such as corporate finance, competition law, tax, bankruptcy, and intellectual property, to name just a few.
Leveraging our thorough understanding of the sector, we handle our clients’ most important and complex corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate transactions, litigation and disputes work, regulatory and compliance matters and other legal challenges via their ongoing convergence with their core are such as online gaming, lotteries, media and sports thus reaffirming A&A’s position as the best sports law firms in India.
Our experts provide legal advice in areas including the exploitation of commercial rights, new media and marketing rights, drafting of rules and regulations, investigations, disciplinary and anti-doping proceedings, anti-corruption, sports broadcasting, sports financing, esports, sports gambling and comprehensive legal services for clients involved in all aspects of college and amateur athletics as well.
A&A’s gambling and gaming regulatory practitioners have advised clients on multi-jurisdictional regulatory filings and risk assessments in connection with significant merger and acquisition transactions, and in connection with organic operational expansions, and have in-depth working knowledge of the regulatory regimes and advising on a range of compliance issues from around the world.
We have represented universities, sports leagues, student-athletes, coaches, and other individuals and organizations involved in disputes relating to sports law. Our attorneys have assisted few of the top sports leagues in the world and brought to the table, valuable experience helping clients assert their rights in matters that have transformed the sports business.
- Litigation, arbitrations
- sponsorship, licensing and merchandising;
- brand protection & management;
- sports governance;
- the drafting of rules and regulations;
- privacy, sponsorship, domain name, social media, and other intellectual property matters.
- disciplinary and anti-doping proceedings;
- anti-corruption including match fixing;
- bringing and defending challenges to the decisions and actions of sports governing bodies;
- dispute resolution (including mediation and expert determination);
- sports broadcasting;
- sports related financial transactions;
- sports gambling/betting;
- esports, and
- cybersecurity and data privacy
- Represented a Professional League with the Sports Federations. Engaged in conceptualising, structuring and documentation for the league. Drafted player contracts.
- Represented a prominent athlete in securing his position in a Professional League.
- Conducted due-diligence and advised in player auctions to a client.
- Assisted a healthcare giant in signing a celebrity sports-star for brand endorsement.
- Assisted in sale of commercial rights and others.
The approach A&A undertakes in the sports sector is rooted in the deep knowledge and conceptual understanding of our team. Our sports team have a cumulative experience of more than 20 years advising various sports bodies, businesses and sport- persons to overcome their legal challenges.
Few most frequently asked questions on setting up a company in india. Feel free to contact us for any other queries.
1. How to select the best sports law firm?
Sports law is a highly competitive and niche sector and it is essential to initially identify the problem and then choose a law firm which has experience in resolving such a problem.
2. Why choose Ahlawat & Associates as your sports law firm?
Attorneys at Ahlawat & Associates, hold more than 20 years of cumulative sports law experience and there are high chances that we’ve already worked on similar projects for our clients in the past which will enable us to advise the best way forward for our clients in future.
3. What are the sports legal services offered by A&A?
A&A’s sports law practice is quite diverse. Our services include but are not limited to, litigations, sponsorships, brand protections, athlete representations, sports governance, anti-doping proceedings, sports broadcasting, gambling/betting, esports, general legal advice and others.
Get in touch with us today
We can be reached at